Pages

Etude House Dear My Party Nails PBL601

I've had some serious glitter nail polish cravings going on for some time now ; cravings that were left unsatisfied thanks to my 'college student cash flow'. I wanted to grab some Indie polishes from Etsy but they were too pricey so I turned to Korean brand polishes instead such as The Face Shop, Tony Moly, Etude House, etc. These Korean brands have actually quite a few interesting polishes to their name but for some reason, they don't stock it here in Malaysia even though almost every shopping mall here in Klang Valley carries their outlet. 

I contemplated buying those Korean polishes I found interesting from stores online; I even emailed a couple of store owners but the price, once again, became a barrier. 

To my closest friends and my boy who are reading this, I do realise that me stopping by every beauty supply store repeatedly and thus forcing everyone to also stop and wait for me just so I can take a look at the polishes there is annoying. After a few weeks of doing so, I realise that their polish inventory will probably never change so I made a resolution to walk past every beauty supply store the next time I go out with them. 

But yesterday, when I was out with my boy, I 'accidentally' took a look at Etude House's nail polish display. It really was an accident, really! ;). Anyway, to my surprise, they had the polish that I almost bought online!  






I actually got myself two from the collection, PBL601 and PWH901, both of which I have been eyeing for quite a while and almost purchased it online for. 

PBL601:


















                                                                      PWH901:





PPK001 also caught my eye but it looks like just a pink version of PBL601. Slightly more about it later.



















                                                                Note: The pictures above are from the official Etude House promotion pictures.

I'm only going to be showing swatches of only PBL601 for now because it's so pretty I refuse to remove it to swatch PWH901!

Note: The pictures below are taken with Samsung Galaxy S2 hence the quality. :/


etude house dear my party nails swatch PBL601

 PBL601 is actually a sheer white with a slight blue undertone base with multicoloured small and tiny hex glitters. There's fuschia, yellow, orange, green, blue, white and red in it. I think I didn't miss any. For this swatch I layered 2 coats of it over one layer of underwear -white (pinky finger) and light blue- to bring out the slightly bluish undertone of the base. I have to say I love it over both blue and white! Soo pretty. I don't get the whole code names for polish thingy but the name of the collection (Dear My Party Nails) definitely matches with this particular polish.
  










This is one coat over a light purple I have from The Face Shop. 


I hesitated posting this but since no one actually frequents this blog, why not. This is my horribly dry big toe. Just wanted to show that when PBL601 is layered over a light pink, the effect is similar to the promotional bottle shot of PPK001 (pictured above). So I think PPK001 is probably not necessary if you already have PBL601. 

Application for this is super easy. No fishing or dabbing required. Just apply it like you would a normal creme polish (the usual 3 strokes). For a more even distribution, add a few more strokes.

This polish is now my favourite! It reminds me of smoothies, confetti, cupcakes, candies, rainbows, yada yada yada. You get it. So glad I 'accidentally' found it. And super thanks to my boy for buying it for me. :D. Love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment